1. Our Data Promise to you
1.1. Wasted Talent is committed to respecting and protecting your data whilst it is in our care. We collect your personal information because it helps us to understand your needs and guides the way in which we interact and communicate with you about our products and services now and in the future. We have strict policies and procedures in place to protect your personal information when you send it to us, when we process it in order to provide you with the services you have requested or, where you have given us your permission to do so, to send you information that we think you’ll find interesting, and thereafter when we store your data on our secure servers.
2. What personal data do we collect?
2.1. Wasted Talent collects your personal information which you may provide to us, or which we collect automatically.
2.2. Submitted personal information. We may collect and process the following personal information about you which you provide:
- contact details (such as your name, address, email address and telephone number);
- demographic information (such as age and/or other information that may identify you as an individual);
- password and other authentication information;
- responses to any customer satisfaction surveys or market research (unless these are provided anonymously);
- financial and credit card information; and
- your marketing preferences.
- information about your device (including unique device identifier or device ID), operating system and IP address;
- your login information;
- browser type and version; and
- information about your visit on our website, including URL, clickstream (i.e. your journey to, through and from our site), length of visits to certain pages, and page interaction information.
- information about your use of our app, for example to distinguish you from other users of our app, and to remember your preferences to helps us to provide you with a good experience when you use our app and also allows us to improve the app.
3. How do we keep it secure?
3.1 When we ask another organisation to provide a service for us, we ensure that they have appropriate security measures in place. The personal information that we collect may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA) or the UK, including countries, which have less strict, or no data protection laws, when compared to those in the EEA or the UK.
3.2. If we or our service providers transfer any information out of the UK or the EEA, we will take steps which are reasonably necessary to ensure that adequate safeguards are in place to protect your personal information and to make sure it is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy notice. In these cases, we rely on approved data transfer mechanisms (such as standard contractual clauses) to ensure your information is subject to adequate safeguards in the recipient country. If you are located in the UK or the EEA, you may contact us for a copy of the safeguards which we have put in place to protect your personal information and privacy rights in these circumstances.
3.3. You must keep your password and any other authentication information for our website confidential. If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your password or any other authentication information, you must promptly notify us using the contact details below. The internet is not a totally secure medium and although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted during your use of our website
4. How do we collect and use your personal information?
4.1. We collect and process your personal information when you:
- visit our website (including when you register, subscribe to our magazines, app or service);
- request information from us or correspond with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise;
- participate with social media functions on our website or enter a competition or promotion;
- participate in our customer satisfaction surveys or other market research; and
- communicate with us via social networking websites, third party apps or similar technologies.
4.2. We will always be transparent about how we plan to use your personal information so that you have the choice whether or not to give it to us.
5. Purposes of processing your personal information
5.1. We may process your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide you with the information, products and services you have requested and send you marketing and advertising materials including surveys and information on competitions (Note: if you give us your consent to send you marketing messages we may contact you with carefully selected offers and promotions from ourselves or from our network of carefully selected partners, from which you may always opt-out or unsubscribe. It is not our practice to contact you if you have made it clear that you do not wish to hear from us about our products and services);
- to authenticate your access and verify your identity to provide you with access to subscriber-only services;
- for system administration purposes and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to distinguish you from other users (for example to remember your log-in details);
- to monitor your use of our website to improve the user experience and to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- to provide customer support and ensure we provide a good level of customer service;
- to tailor any marketing or advertising so that it is more relevant to you;
- to notify you of any changes to our services;
- if you send in a comment, we may post it on our site or use it as a testimonial without mentioning your full name or publishing any information that would identify you;
- for security and fraud prevention;
- to ensure that our website is safe and secure; and
- to comply with applicable laws and regulations
6. Do we share that data with any other companies?
6.2. We may disclose your personal information to other third parties in the following cases:
- for the purposes of research, evaluation, and analysis;
- in the event that we sell any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective buyer of such business or assets;
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by us about our customers and visitors to our websites will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request; or
- to protect the rights, property or safety of us or our users, or others, and in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions (this includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction)
7. Legal Basis for processing your personal information
7.1. We will only process your personal information where we have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis will depend on the purposes for which we have collected and use your personal information. In almost every case the legal basis will be one of the following:
- Consent: For example, where you have provided your consent to receive certain marketing from us. You can withdraw your consent at any time, including by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any marketing email we send you.
- Our legitimate business interests: Where it is necessary for us to understand our customers, promote our services and operate effectively as a collection of music publications, provided in each case that this is done in a legitimate way which does not unduly affect your privacy and other rights. For example we will rely on this legal basis when we conduct certain market analysis to understand our customers in sufficient detail so we can create new services and improve the profile of our brands.
- Performance of a contract with you (or in order to take steps prior to entering into a contract with you): For example, where you have purchased a service from us and we need to use your contact details and payment information in order to process your order.
- Compliance with law: Where we are subject to a legal obligation and need to use your personal information in order to comply with that obligation.
8. How we keep your personal information
8.1. We take steps to ensure that the personal information that you provide is retained for only as long as it is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. After this period it will be deleted or in some cases anonymised. We may also keep a record of correspondence with you (for example if you have made a complaint) for as long as is necessary to protect us from a legal claim.
8.2. Where we have collected the personal information based on your consent and we have no other lawful basis to continue with that processing, if you subsequently withdraw your consent then we will delete your personal information. However, please note that where you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, we will keep a record of your email address to ensure we do not send you marketing emails in future.
9. Leaving our website and moving on to third party websites
10.1. Our website and other digital properties are not intended for, and should not be used by, persons under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personal information from persons under the age of 18.
11. Your rights
11.1. You have certain rights in relation to your personal information. These include: the right to object to the processing of your information for certain purposes, the right to access your personal information, and the ability to erase, restrict or receive a machine-readable copy of your personal information.
11.2. We will handle any request to exercise your rights in accordance with applicable law and any relevant legal exemptions. If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact us at the contact details found below.
11.3. We will require that you satisfactorily identify yourself to demonstrate your entitlement to view this data.
11.4. You may also have the right to complain to a data protection authority if you think we have processed your personal information in a manner which is unlawful or breaches your rights. If you have such concerns we request that you initially contact us (using the contact details below) so that we can investigate, and hopefully resolve, your concerns.